Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Next Project is in the Works! :)

Here is what is currently cooking in the kitchen garage :


Doesn't look like much yet! BUT, here is a picture of my inspiration for the final product:


I really want a dining room table that isn't wobbly and can fit 8-10 people, instead of the 6-people mine currently holds.

Husband INSISITS he can create it for a mere $270 (cost of wood) vs. the $1,270 at Restoration Hardware (+$125 shipping)!!

Challenge accepted! Can't wait to see the final result :)


5 comments:

  1. If he truly does save you $1000, I'd say a vacation is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Good luck! I'd love a fancy table like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how great it feels to see that someone else is trying to replicate stuff from Restoration Hardware.. my boyfriend thinks I'm an idiot for coming home with piles of wood and stain like a crazy fiend. Last week, i stalked someone on Craigslist for days because they had an antique fan like one being sold at RH for nine million dollars. I am so glad that I found this blog and can't wait to see how the table comes out. I will definitely be using it for inspiration.

    thegystofthings.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this table and absolutely love it! It was worth the money!

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10